Thursday, December 1, 2011

Giving Thanks for Funny Guys

Thanksgiving break was chalk full of wonderful friends! This year my parents went north to visit my sister and her family, and my little family stayed home. We decided to seek out another couple who wasn't going to spend Thanksgiving with family. There was food, laughter, and Eggnog galore!

Friday was just as exciting. Some life-long friends journeyed from some surrounding states, and collected at their old homestead. My husband, who I will refer to as "The Frenchman," and I joined their gathering for the evening. After eating our fill of some amazing pizza casserole, we cleared the table, spread out the wax paper and made "Funny Guy cookies." These cookies are a big deal, it is a tradition that goes back many years in this family, and it is always accompanied with excessive laughter and the smell of cinnamon in the air.

 There was a tiny teacup to go with that teapot...but I believe it was gobbled up before I even saw it come out of the oven!

They look eerie in this lighting...and maybe they should...they are a little scary. as you can see, the guy with the blue nostrils had his nose fall flat. Ah well, at least most of them turned out okay!
 

And boy were they good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment