Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yuletide by the Fireside

Christmas time is here;
we'll be drawing near;
oh that we could always see
such spirit through the year,
such spirit through the year. (A Charlie Brown Christmas)

The other day I visited my parents to help them start with the decorating of the tree. 
 We're off to a good start. I'm just busting at the seams with excitement about our move in a week! There have been no Christmas lights, red bows, or Christmas pine smell in our little home. Next week, after we get settled in a bit, we're definitely going to jump in with both feet!
I couldn't stay for the conclusion of my parent's tree, though, due to the fact that we had to tuck little baby in her bed. 
These little PJ's are just so cute! Light blue, with little red birdies wearing scarves. I <3 them. Little chunky monkey (and I mean that in the sweetest, cutest little way) has almost grown out of them! She's 4 months old, and almost wearing 9 month clothes, now! (***Side note: It took me about 40 pictures until I finally got one where she wasn't being a squirmy worm***).

Speaking of fabulous clothes, I recently went through a few of my Anthropologie Catalogs and put together a small compilation of items that J'adore! 


Those boots? That Minty Green Dress? The Watches? I KNOW! Beautiful. Oh, and let me tell you about those butterflies. When I was a youngster, all I dreamed about was one day becoming an entomologist. Studying bugs was one of my passions. That dream has since faded, but that fascination has not. I recently found a seller at a place called Kitchen Kettle Village, in Lancaster, PA, that sells real, framed insects. They are insects that have been grown humanely in captivity, and that then die of natural causes. I want to get several to hang in my hallway. 

If you read my last post, you may remember the inspiring staircase picture. I did a quick sketch based on that picture of how I would like to do my stairway in the new house.
Anyway, continuing with Anthropologie...


That picture on the left is especially fantastic. I love the color pallete...it just makes me feel warm.

I'll be posting more soon about my Etsy endeavors, and about moving into my new home.
God bless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment